‘Chili cheese bombs’ is a yummy snack recipe that is combination of spicy green chilies/jalapenos stuffed with mozzarella cheese. The popular Indian snack ‘Bhajiya’ inspired me to create this recipe. Bhajiya includes vegetables like potato, capsicum, green chilies, cauliflower or onion. These veggies are dipped in a batter based on gram flour and are deep fried. I thought of adding a cheesy twist to the traditional bhajiyas. I have used bhavnagri mirchis (chilies) for this recipe which are easily available in Indian markets. You can use jalapenos or any big sized and long green chilies that are available near your place.
- Bhavnagri Mirchi/Jalapeños/ AnyBig sized and long green chilies 9-10
- Mozzarella Cheese 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Gram flour (Besan) 7-8 tbsp
- Water as required to make a thick paste
- Red Chili Powder 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder ¼ tsp
- Coriander (Dhania) Powder ½ tsp
- Garam Masala Powder ½ tsp
- Cumin powder ½ tsp
- Wash and pat dry the chilies.
- Slit the chilies as shown in the picture and deseed them.
- Sprinkle salt over the chilies as per taste.
- Stuff the grated mozzarella cheese into the chilies and refrigerate them for at least 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl take the gram flour and add red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder and salt to it. Mix well.
- Now add water in small quantities to make a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a kadai and wait till the oil heats perfectly.
- Now dip the chilies in the prepared batter and coat the chilies with the batter.
- Immediately proceed to deep fry the chilies and fry till their color turns golden brown.
- Remove from heat and place them on tissue papers to drain excess oil.
- Serve with tomato ketchup.
Do tryout this recipe and share it with your loved ones.
Comment your valuable feedback.
See you soon…..